Do you know that you can easily make a modern kitchen island out of IKEA’s Lagan countertop? Angie and Bryce has managed to do that and documented the process on their blog. The coolest thing about their modern kitchen island is its price. Only $80 were spend on the project.
Here is what you need:
- Two $39 Lagan solid wood countertops from IKEA
- Wood glue
- Kreg’s joinery
- Cut two small pieces of one of countertops to serve as the T for the island.
- Attach them to a full piece of the Lagan with brackets.
- Sand joints.
- Attached the T to the island wall with L-brackets.
- Create the island’s leg with the unused piece of the countertop and join it with L-brackets.
- Pocket-drill into solid flooring and then fill with plug.
- Where the “leg” meets the floor, make a Kreg pocket drill directly into the floor.
- Sand and lacquer the top with a few layers
For detailed photos, visit Angie’s and Bryce’s blog.