Even though the Christmas tree that we’re going to make isn’t exactly traditional one it features traditional attributes like toys, gifts, and other decorations. The modern Christmas tree we’re going to make is a completely transparent pyramid that holds everything inside of it.
- 2 mm thick plexiglass
- Utility knife
- 20×20 cm wooden block
- 120 cm metal rod
- Chrome paint
- Fir branches
- Christmas lights
- Christmas toys
- Using the ruler and the pencil mark four triangles on plexiglas. Three of them should have the 50 cm base and height of 80 cm. The forth one should be equilateral with 50 cm sides.
- Cut them all with the knife.
- In the center of the equilateral triangle cut one more triangle with 1 cm sides. It’s necessary to fix the tree’s leg.
- The base of the tree will be the piece of wood. Paint it with the chrome paint to make it looks more interesting.
- In the center of this base drill a hole for the screw. Put the screw in it. It should hold the tree’s trunk.
- Connect sides of the tree with each other using tape. It won’t be visible if you apply it carefully without wrinkles or bubbles. 2mm gap between these sides is necessary to save tape from bending. One of these tree faces attach only from one side in order to fill in the tree.
- Fill the pyramid Christmas tree with everything you’ve prepared.
- Seal the last remaining side using tape. You can open it on Christmas to get gifts.
- Put the metal rod through the hole at the tree’s bottom and secure it to the tree base.
- The modern pyramid-shaped Christmas tree is ready!