The Skeleton Pumpkin with Glitter project reminds me a pirate flag. It could become an awesome decoration for the holiday in case you like movies about Caribbean Sea pirates or just find it cute. Amy Anderson, owner of the Mod Podge Rocks blog, done this project and showed how you can make it by yourself.
Materials and tools:
- Craft pumpkin
- Skeleton clip art printed out to fit the pumpkin
- Licorice, Dove Gray, Metallic Silver Sterling FolkArt Paints
- Silver Glitter
- Purple craft leaves
- Small and large paintbrushes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pipe Cleaners, black
- White transfer paper and stylus
How to do the skeleton pumpkin:
- Transfer clip art to the pumpkin.
- Use your small brush to paint in the skeleton design with Dove Gray.
- Use your small brush and Metallic Silver Sterling to paint over the Dove Gray.
- Coat your pumpkin with several layers of glitter, allowing to dry between coats.
- Glue leaves onto the ends of pipe cleaners.
- When they are dry, glue the pipe cleaners to the pumpkin.
- If you would like to set outside, make sure to spray with a waterproof enamel sealer.
In case you need more details, check out the original tutorial on PaintMePlaid for more photos and more information about each step.