Do you know that you can easily make a gorgeous twine chandeliers using balloons, glue, twine and some paint? Such lanterns would really awesome decorations as for indoors as for outdoors.
- Tray for glue
- 1/2 cup of Corn starch
- 1/4 cup of Warm water
- Clear fast drying spray paint
- Hanging lamp cord
- Lighting kit
- Inflate the balloon.
- If you’re looking to make a lampshade out of the string chandelier, use a sharpie to mark around the knot on the balloon.
- Mix corn starch, glue and warm water together until it has a smooth texture.
- Smear the vaseline all over your balloon until it is completely coated so th twine wet with glue won’t stick on the balloon after dry.
- Feeding the yarn through the glue mix and wrap it around the balloon.
- Start wrapping the balloon vertically, slowly changing to wrapping. For a seamless look, tuck the ends of the twine under one of the wrapped strings.
- Repeat the procedure as many times as you need.
- Wait 24 hours until the balloon has completely dried before popping balloons.
- Spray the string chandeliers with clear fast drying spray paint.