For those of you who lives for 80s nostalgia and likes anything Nintendo-related here is a nice planter for your interior. A living piranha chomper plant from famous Mario Bros. games could easily become and eye-catching feature to impress your guests.
Materials you’ll need
- 1 six-inch flower pot, black or painted black
- 1 five-inch length of PVC pipe (or 2 segments)
- 1 piece PVC pipe joint connector
- Green spray paint for plastics
- 1 large venus flytrap paint
- Potting soil
- 1 cup pea gravel
- Paint your PVC. If you are using separate pieces of pipe, epoxy everything together before painting.
- Spray paint your pipe. Apply several coats for better color.
- Layer the pea gravel in the bottom of the pot to aid in drainage.
- Add potting soil to the lip of the flowerpot.
- Nestle the pipe down into the soil until it’s sitting firmly in place. Pack soil around the pipe.
- Fill the pipe with soil, leaving room at the top for the soil and moss that comes with the flytrap.
- Plant the flytrap, making sure to get all that good peat moss in there.
You’re done! Enjoy!