Halloween is favorite holiday of many people and a lot of them host parties this day. If you one of such hosts Halloween decorations must fill your interior. Mod Podged Pumpkin Can is the project done by Courtney, the author of Scraps and Scribbles blog. The can is one of your decorations that welcome guests when they approach her house.
To make such can by yourself you’ll need:
- One large, clean aluminum can
- Halloween patterned fabric
- Old wire hanger
- Black craft paint and black spray paint
- Freezer paper
- Paint brushes
- Sticks, leaves and pinecones
The process of decorating the can isn’t too hard:
- Wash and iron your fabric.
- Cut it according to can’s measurements plus half inch from each side.
- Make a stencil of the pumpkin’s face from freezer paper.
- Iron it onto your fabric, again, with the waxy side down.
- Using your paint brush and black craft paint, paint the design onto your fabric.
- Make a coat hanger and two holes in the can for it.
- Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to one end of the fabric strip and stick it down on the can.
- Make the same with the whole fabric.
- Attach the hanger.
- Fill with sticks and pinecones and you’re done!
For pictures of the whole process visit the Mod Podge’s blog.