These cute tabletop Christmas trees are done by Lolly Chessie and on the Crate Paper blog she’s showed how to make them by yourselves. They are made of paper mache tree shapes covered with different crate paper pieces. Even though they aren’t hard to make the whole process will take a lot of time.
- 2 paper mache tree shapes
- Crate Paper – “Snow Day” collection (two of each for both trees): Melt, Sparkle, Blizzard, Festive, Mittens, Flakes, Candy
- Hot glue gun and 2 large glue sticks
- Petal pattern template
- Green acrylic paint and foam brush
- Cut petal using using traced petal template.
- Paint the bottom of your tree shapes with the green paint.
- Wrap each shape around a round pen to curl the edges and glue it to the tree shape starting from the bottom.
- When you get to the tip of the tree, wrap a little piece of felt or fabric and glue it to the top and snip it off to get a nice finished topper.
If this tutorial sounds complex to you, there is much simpler way to make tabletop Christmas trees.