A large walk-in closet is a dream for every woman and for many families. Even some men who like to be stylish wish to have one. It’s perfect way to show off a collection of shoes and clothing and is a practical solution to simply store them. Many of us have more clothes than storage space and if you are tired of rotating clothes each season you should think about a walk-in closet.
Even though such closet can be found only in luxurious houses, a small walk-in wardrobe can easily become a part of a small house or an apartment too. There are plenty of ways you can DIY it. Btw, we have some tips that might help you with walk in closet design:
- Paint the walls in interesting colors or use a dramatic wallpaper instead. That can make this practical area of your house look much better.
- Use IKEA clothes organizers because they are functional and cheap.
- A cozy rug and a large mirror are really important parts of any walk in closets. Don’t forget to add them in yours too.
- Provide enough light. Most likely you’d be dressing in your walk in closet and usually there aren’t any windows there. That’s why you need at least several light fixtures there.
- Don’t forget about different elements of decor. For example, crown molding can add an interesting touch to any closet.
- There are plenty of closet organizers on the market nowadays but use them thoughtfully. Buy only those that are necessary for your clothes and shoe collections.
For those of you who search for some inspiration to design a walk-in closet we have lots of interesting ideas. Check out the gallery we’ve gathered and you’ll find out how cool and smart such space could be.
Btw, here is a nice video showing how a DIY walk-in closet was build by a family in their spare time.