It’s common for some countries to have really small balconies in their apartments. Russia is one of those countries and IKEA has recently hosted a contest for the coziest small balcony. We’ve chosen some of the best balconies from this contest and added some more to the mix. They serve different purposes but everybody could find some interesting ideas in their designs. A lot of these balconies feature IKEA’s furniture so it won’t cost you much to furnish a balcony of the similar size. If your balcony is really tiny don’t hesitate to check these ideas out.
You’ll be able to turn your balcony in one of those areas that provides comfort and could become a place to have a romantic dinner there. If you aren’t interested in that you might turn it into a little home office or a small garden. You’ll learn that even though balconies usually aren’t very spacious they could be functional and cozy anyway.
Here are some ideas you might want to consider designing your balcony:
- Go vertical. Using balcony walls to hang pots or shelves on save might save you some space.
- Consider using a fold down table. If you want your balcony to become your breakfast nook without losing its other functions that might be a way to go.
- Keep it simple. A tiny balcony doesn’t need lots of furniture.
- Combine things. A daybed could feature lots of storage under those cozy cusions.
- Create privacy. Don’t forget to add curtains. They might also protect you from sunlight if neccessary.