to save some space use stacked washer and dryer and a hideaway ironing board
Practical laundry rooms are those things that we all wish to have at our homes. When there isn’t enough space for a dedicated room we come up with different solutions to drying laundry and hide washing machines in hallways, bathrooms, kitchens, mudrooms and under stairs. These solutions and even dedicated laundry rooms usually don’t receive enough design attention they deserve.
Your laundry room doesn’t have to be just functional. It can be comfortable and good looking too. We have some tips for you if you’re designing a fully functional laundry space:
- Laundry rooms are usually quite small. We recommend to optimize it as much as possible using little tricks like placing the dryer on top of the washer, using fold down tables as countertops, occupying every inch of available space with open shelves or floor to ceiling cabinets, and so on.
- Provide enough light in your laundry space. Utility rooms mostly don’t have windows so besides standard ceiling light fixtures think about such things as under-cabinet strips, scones, and task lamps.
- Use enough organizers to keep the space uncluttered. You need to sort your clothes, store the detergets somewhere and probably lots of other stuff there.
- Use light colors as for furniture as for walls. Although consider add some bright bold colors if you wish to make your laundry look more cool.
- Consider to use as much tiles as possible. Cover your floors with floor tiles and make a tile backplash around a sink and a washer.
- It’s a good idea to have some sewing supplies, stain removal produts, a shoe care kit and some other stuff that will help to mantain a good condition of your family’s clothes and shoes.
- A drying rack is also a nice addition to an utility room. It’s a great thing to put some clothes on it if they are still sligthly damp after the dryer.
- Store several canvase bags in your laundry room. They makes all your clothes easy to transport.
We gathered lots of ideas that might help you to design own laundry room. Most of them are very smart and look really great.
indrustial design works well in laundry rooms
plywood is a great matrial to make a DIY countertop
cabinets could be placed in unusual places if space is at a premium
placing all your stuff in a bathroom is a common solution and this example show how well that could be done
attic laundry room can turn out really well and this example proves that
one more awesome laundry and mudroom combo
laundry room combined with a entryway is s smart idea
if you have a dog you can combine your laundry room with a pet shower
hanging iron board is a clever hack you might be willing to try
farmhouse sink and a marble countertop with a marble backsplash boost this laundry room to the next level
Farmhouse Laundry Room could look really stylish
dramatic wallpaper is one of those things that can make laundry room look better
cute small coastal laundry room design
cute laundry room with beauitful cabinets and quartz countetops
compact yet fully functional laundry space
compact cloet laundry space deisgn with glossy hex tiles
beautfiul fabric behind transparent cabinet doors could become a great decor element
One more example of how practical open shelving solutions are in occupying narrow spaces.
Black storage cabinets and white appliances look really well together.
Pull out drawers are quite space saving.
Open shelves work really well in laundry rooms because they can easily occupy tight spaces.
Lovely little laundry room design with a window above washing appliances.
Black appliances work really well with black countetops.
towel rod for hanging hangers might be a good idea
Decorating an utility room is as important as decorating any other room. You could spend lot of time there...
Attic is one of those places which could easily become a fully functional laundry room instead of simple storage space.
space saving laundry space idea for apartments
Mudroom's laundry spaces are quite popular nowadays.
If your laundry room is spacious enough - don't forget about a sink.
Cute light green laundry room design is anything but boring.
Consider yourself lucky if you have a window in your utility room. It will be filled with natural light and that's great.
Use some vintage decor to make your laundry space less dull.
Traditional wood furniture looks great in contrast with white appliances.
Modern floor to ceiling storage solution works well in this tight space.
It's a good idea to use a door to store your detergents if your laundry space is really compact.
Tight corner could become a nice laundry space if there is enough width to place a dryer and a washer near each other.
Placing a drying and a washer on top of each other is a smart space saving solution for small utility rooms.
This spacious laundry room feature lots of white cabinets for storage and a nice light blue wall.
If you have a compact dryer you can hang it right on a wall.
Even a narrow space could be used for a laundry room. Just don't forget about fold down tables.
Bright wall make this laundry room anything but dull