rustic style suits well any hallway
The design of hallways, mudrooms, and entryways sometimes requires even more effort than the design of living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens. On the one hand, the design of these walk-through rooms should fit into the overall style of the home. On the other hand, the interior of hallways should be functional. A hallway usually connect several rooms so you will see it every time you go from a kitchen to a living room or from a living room to a bedroom. Here are our tips to make your hallways as cool and practical as possible:
- Use built-ins if you need some additional storage space. Otherwise, a side table to display some art is more than enough.
- Add a pop of color. You can use a bold color for walls or for furniture. Either way your hallway design would win.
- Decorate your hallway with a gallery art wall or photos on ledges. This kind of decor doesn’t occupy any floor space but looks great.
- A rug could make even a dark hallway cozier.
- A dramatic wallpaper with an interesting pattern is another way to spice up any space.
- Several pendant lights is the best solution for long hallways. Although if you have some furniture there you can also use table lamps or hidden LED strips.
- Add a touch of your favorite style to it. Industrial objects, shabby chic furniture, or a modern light fixture could easily add a personal touch to hallway’s design.
- Not only walls could be painted in a bold color but ceilings too. Besides you can add an interesting moldings to it or warm up with natural wood.
Below you’ll find a lot of hallway decor ideas to inspire your next renovation or a DIY project. Enjoy!
Shabby chic hallway that is super cute and sweet (via digsdigs)
bold pop art style could easily welcome your guests
add an industrial furniture to your entryway cuz it works really good there
both walls in a long hallway could be used as a home library
everyone loves shabby chic interiors so you can decorate your hallway in this style
Stripes Is always a stylish solution for your walls (via digsdigs)
industrial style works extemely well in hallways thanks to its roughness
rustic all-wood hallway design that is perfect for some cabin in a forest
bold blue color works well for a well-light hallway
scandinavian style is a great idea to decorate an entryway
simple hallway design with a photo gallery wall and a built-in cabinet that provides linen storage
super cozy hallway with a reading nook
Spacious hallway in traditional style
gorgeous farmhouse hallway with lots of natural wood and stone
A side table can always work as a display space in a large hallway.
If there isn't enough space elsewhere you can create a DIY herb garden in a hallway
Black and white suits not only modern interiors but traditional ones too.
A rug could add some coziness to any dark space.
shabby charm is more then welcome when you enter the house
Faux greenery is also a more than welcome additional as to a staircase as to a hallway
There definitely should be enough light fixtures in any hallway because sometimes there isn't natural sunlight at all
Hallway could become your storage space mecca.
Bright orange is a happy color choice for a hallway.
If there is enough sunlight you can put lots of greenery in a hallway
A large mirror is a must in any hallway
Oversized mirror is even better.
For modern interiors black is a great color choice.
Hallway design shouldn't be boring so it's a great idea to use a dramatic wallpaper.
Thoughtful storage is very important for small hallways.
Orchids make any entryway more elegant.
Oversized art, natural wood and red doors make this hallway's design truly memorable.
Even if your entryway is small it shouldn't look dull. Add a rug!
All white is an interesting color choice for a hallway decor.
Go black! There isn't enough light anyway so at least make it stylish!
Here is an idea! Seating should be creative if you decorating your hallway with heart.
Deep blue is a great color choice for any interior.
Using your hallway as an additional closet space is a necessary solution for small apartments.