Here is an example of how you can give a new life to an old wooden closet. Original texture and purple color made it a dominant furniture object in a room. Its surface resemble a sparkling sea foam and looks really wonderful. Although making such renovation isn’t as simple as it seems. For the project you’ll need: thinner, acrylic primer, acrylic paint, lacquer, a brush, a spray painter, a sander, and a sea sponge.
- Remove an old paint using thinner. After that clear the surface using a sander.
- Ground cracks and small defects.
- Cover all surface with several coats of primer.
- After that cover them with paint using a spray painter.
- After 2-4 hours cover all surfaces with another layer of primer.
- After they are dry make a pattern using thinned paint and a sea sponge.
- Cover the sloset with lacquer and after a day its ready to use.