If you want to turn the base for your mattress into a stylish bed then you came into the right place. We will show you how to make a stylish and trendy headboard in Capitone style. Thanks to the fact that you’ll make it by yourself it could have optimal size and color that matches your bedroom interior.
Materials you’ll need
- Particle board
- Artificial leather
- Foam rubber
- Glue for foam
- Decorative nails
- Wood stapler
- The piece of particle board is the base of the headboard. It should be cut to the right size.
- Put foam rubber over the base and glue it with a special glue.
- Spread and alight artificial leather on the front side of the future headboard. Fastern it with decorative nails you’ve prepared.
- Fastern the edges of the upholstery on the back of the workpiece with the wood stapler.
- Along the perimeter of the plywood sheet glue ribbons. This sheet will cover clips that holds artificial leather.
- Nail this sheet to the back side of the workpiece.
- Using a ruller and a pencil mark locations for decorative buttons on the front side of the headboard.
- Fastern these buttons with decorative nails.