Floor lamp is a very handy thing with a clearly defined function: to light the space around a chair, a sofa or a bed. To make it even more functional you can combine it with a small bedside table.
Materials and tools
- Small beside table (for example, from IKEA)
- Decoupage and wood glues
- Sculptural mass
- Cord set
- Dark and light purple acrylic paints
- Circular saw
- Using a circular saw make a groove with a thickness a little bit greater than the thickness of the electric cord in a baluster.
- Place the cord into this groove and fill it with sculptural mass.
- Paint the baluster in light purple color.
- Paint in dark purple frame of bedside table and in light purple the area within it.
- Drill a hole in the middle of the tabletop and put the cord through it.
- Using wood glue fix the baluster to the tabletop.
- Cover a lampshade with fabric and fix it using decoupage glue.
Enjoy the beauty!