As you already know, driftwood is a very rewarding material for DIY projects. In this project it will be combined with candlelights in order to become a cozy looking candle holder that will be perfect as a centerpiece or as a matel decoration.
Materials and tools
- Good looking long and flat piece of driftwood
- Several candlelights
- Spade or hole saw bit
- Tape measure
- Flat head screwdriver (or a chisel)
- First of all choose the top side of your future candle holder and mark where to place holes for candlelights.
- If you’re using a spade bit just drill holes on marked places.
- If you’re using a hole saw bit do the same but tap out the wood using a screwdriver and a hammer.
- Put your candles in when all holes are done.
At this point you’re ready to use your driftwood candle holder. Although use tea light candles with the metal around them. That will decrease the chance of your piece to catch fire.