DIY Painted Deck Rug
If you wanna spice up a dining area on your deck you might want to place a rug there. Although not many rugs can survive there for long. The best way is to paint a rug there. Here is what you’ll need for such project:
- Colorful exterior paint
- Painter’s tape
- Tape measure
- 2-inch paintbrush
- Paint pan
- Pan liner
- First of all you need to add two coats of base color to the deck to create the main background of the rug.
- Once base color is dry to the touch, press painter’s tape directly along outside edge of the painted area.
- Paint the rug’s edge in other than base color.
- Once paint is dry to the touch, slowly peel back painter’s tape.
- Determine dimensions of the border and mark them on the deck. Using marks as a guide, press painter’s tape along outside edge.
- Paint the edge of the rug again to cover all voids.
- Once paint is dry to the touch, slowly peel back painter’s tape. Give deck at least 24 hours to cure before walking on it.